My Amazing Zigzag Journey

I never brought this up to the people close to me, not even to the people whose with me during those times. It was just amazing that I got to chat today, one of the persons that contributed to my growth while I was walking on that journey and we got to talk and share a few insights about the past.

It was a year that had passed since I left this community. It says "The community that works for all." I won't mention its name anymore for some reason that may not be related anymore why I decided to share it now.

Anyhow... It's also today that I got to remember this amazing group, and posted pictures of us to one of my albums in FB. And as I watch those pictures, I got to reflect on it, remember the times when I'm with them, when I was still dreaming for a lot of things...

When I joined them, I got to gave up my employment, my studies, my title, even my service to church... and  my self. Yes, my old self. I gave up a lot of me so I can replace it with new ones - new visions, new habits, new outlook, new mind-set. But then, along with those new ones come a lot of courage, painful sacrifice, losing my pride, countless hardships, and the list goes on.

For many, this experience may be a bad thing for them. Someone even asked me if I had regrets on joining them. Well, it maybe that way for some, but not for me.

Despite of all the painful experience I got during that 3-year journey, the lessons it left me were all priceless. That if I look back on it and compared it to my other journey, light journeys, it may take me decades to learn all those lessons or worst, I might not learn them at all. And I feel blessed that it only took me 3 years! That part is already amazing! :)

If I would mention one by one all those lessons I got from what I call my 'zigzag journey', this post would be like a book with a number of chapters. LOL! Anyways, I can share a few...

- there's nothing permanent in life, only change
- yourself is your best asset, make it count and make time to invest on it
- detachment to anything is the key to freedom
- true and sincere love cannot be measured
- be honest and true to yourself always or else, you may sabotage it when difficult time arises
- if you want change, be watchful on everything you do, you say, and think
- time is the most expensive commodity, be sure to exchange it with meaningful stuff
- experience life. cherish every single moment as they won't pass your way again.
- true happiness cannot be acquired from an external source. it can be found inside your heart.
- sometimes, you just have to experience things to understand it well and to learn the real meaning of it.
- life has full of ups and downs, accept it, go with the flow but be mindful with the lessons.
- and the list goes on... :)

That journey may not brought me to where I want to be but it lead me somehow to where I supposed to be. It didn't make me the person I want to become but it helped me find the person inside me whom I was longing to meet for so long. It may not be an awesome, lovely, extravagant journey but it has momentous stuff that I need to experience for me to understand life more deeply. It's like... a bridge to an awesome world!

Before I end this note, let me share you this one nice shot from one of our gatherings. It reminds me how each gathering touched me, surprised me, mold me and let me think about the things I never thought of thinking before...


Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Wonderful Life, Wonderful GOD - All Rights Reserved